Multiple communications have been sent regarding the IP address changes that are inherent in this maintenance event. To recap, emsCharts will make the below changes to the IP addresses used by our API endpoints.
Static IP Addresses / Ports:
- New IP addresses are available now for insertion into your firewall .
- Scheduled for October 9, 2018 we will permanently cut over and change domain name resolution to these new IP addresses. A downtime of 8-11 hours will happen at this time. The exact time of the cut over is 11pm EDT
The impact to IP address changes will vary depending on how your website/solution is set up. Below are examples:
- If you do not whitelist our IP address on your firewall or proxy, you do not need to do anything.
- If you use a firewall/proxy that supports domain name whitelisting, you do not need to do anything.
- If you use a firewall/proxy that only support IP addresses whitelisting, you will need to work with your developer or web host to add the new IP addresses to your whitelist. We advise that the old IP address listings be maintained in your firewall settings for approx. 30 days after the maintenance event (November 8).